Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The AP does it again


Today I realized that I criticized what is supposed to be one of the highest quality news organizations more than I criticize any other news medium/news source. I thought about it and reviewed my posts that have basically blasted them out of the water and I kind of felt bad that I have bashed on them so much. However, all of my reasons for criticism have been 100 percent, completely legit. So, now I don't feel as bad.

Is it just me, or do other people find numerous things wrong with the AP's reporting? I seem to do it a lot. I do this on a daily basis though. It's not just me purposefully looking for things wrong in their articles. They just make a lot of mistakes. I don't know whether it has to do with sloppy editing because it's online, or what. I just know it's bad.

And, my job is to point this out. So, today I am not critiquing any articles. I guess I am critiquing my own blog posts about other news sources, namely the Associated Press.


The Associated Press can be put out to sea with nothing but a leaky raft and some cheese for sloppy reporting.

No comments: