Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Palin acts as valley girl, not professional candidate


Sarah Palin. Whenever I hear that name mentioned, I become annoyed because she did not know how to carry herself in the way befitting a vice presidential candidate. Recently, Palin mentioned in an article by Yahoo news she would possibly run for the presidency in four years. The thought of this makes me sick to my stomach, and I initially thought the article would be horrible and not worth reading — I was wrong.

Though the subject matter is ridiculous, the article was well written. Though the quotes the author used from Palin are elementary and sound uneducated, he or she did the best with what was available.

This article should have a serious tone, but it came off as hilarious. Whenever the author quoted Palin, I laughed because she sounded like a ditzy, valley girl who did not know how to speak proper English. For example, Palin continually used the word “like.” A person running for office should not say this word, especially more than once in a sentence.

"I'm like, OK, God, if there is an open door for me somewhere, this is what I always pray, I'm like, don't let me miss the open door," Palin said in an interview with Fox News on Monday.

This idea of the article was worth knowing (so people can start planning not to let Palin run for office), but content was horrible. However, it was not the author’s fault what the subject said; all he or she can do is report the facts, no matter how horrible they are.

Link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081111/ap_on_re_us/palin;_ylt=AovvJTzEygHw2qF84531Ce7LLJ94

Rating: Stole your rum.

No comments: